This was a big summer update for Outpost. The Autoresponder got a whole new look and feel, dividing them into better sections and making it simpler to use.
We added a whole new way to handle cancellations so that annual subscribers who cancel auto-renewal long before their auto-renewal date get treated differently from those who cancel close to the expiration date.
We also built a way to put your Plausible Analytics dashboard into your Outpost Control Center, and started pulling some info from Plausible into the Outpost Reports.
The reports also now have data on donations that come in via Stripe, and more info including open rates on Outpost Autoresponder Emails.
We highly recommend checking out the new Outpost Control Center and turning on new options.
New Autoresponder Features and Changes:
- ✍ Added new variables to use in the Autoresponder emails, including Subscriber First Name, Subscriber Full Name and Subscriber Email Address
- ✍ Show site owners, in the writing interface, the email variables you can use in the Autoresponder email templates
- ✴ Added new Autoresponder flow to let site owners know when complimentary subscriptions are about to expire, let them choose to renew or not, and send non-renewing subscribers through an upsell/notification flow
- 🚛 Re-organized the Autoresponder tab in the Outpost Control Center into better sections
- 💲 Made it simpler to choose what discounts go with which Autoresponder Action email
- 🆓 Added a new Autoresponder welcome email for complimentary subscribers (different from the one for free and paid)
- 📈 Integrated the Plausible Analytics dashboard into the Outpost Control Center
- ✍ Added more info to the Outpost Reports, including web traffic stats from Plausible, donations, cancelations and more
- ✨ Added a way to create Complimentary subscriptions with lengths from months to 50 years
- 🏢 Added an option for sites to set their physical address (rather than Outpost's) as the email address at the end of Autoresponder Action emails to be CAN-SPAM compliant
- 🧹 Streamlined the Outpost Control Center homepage by removing options to start a new post or newsletter
- 🧹 Cleaned up the Add Members tool
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that was preventing full member sync on sites still on Ghost 4.x
- 💤 Deprecated the ability to send bulk emails to members or groups of members from Outpost (Ghost now allows this)
To learn more about Outpost visit our homepage or just start your free, no credit-card-required free 21-day Outpost free trial.