If you don't have a Business PayPal account, or can't get one, or are in the process of getting approved, you can still add PayPal as a donation option in your Tip Jar for Ghost.
This lets people give you donations via PayPal, but it's not integrated the way that Business Accounts are.
If you have a Business account, here are the instructions for adding it to your Tip Jar.
We highly recommend applying for a free Business PayPal account if you can, as that account lets Outpost integrate PayPal donations. That means we can send thank you notes automatically, label members who give a donation in Ghost, keep track of your donations for you, and include info on them in our reports.
However, if you can't get that, you can use a Personal Account instead, though it's less elegant and not integrated into Outpost's systems.
Instructions for adding a Personal PayPal account:
- Start by logging into your personal PayPal account. Then go to https://www.paypal.com/donate/buttons/.
- Create a button. You can just accept the defaults, or you can add a logo, suggested donation levels, etc.
- When done, test your button url to make sure it looks how you like it.
- Copy the url.
- Add it to your account by going to https://admin.outpost.pub, logging in, then go to Account -> Integrations.
- In the Paypal Personal option, add in your link, and hit SAVE. Your PayPal donation link will then be auto-added as an option in your Tip Jar.
- Test your new donation link by going to your Outpost donation link.
At any time, you can add a PayPal Business account to your Ghost donation system instead to take advantage of the greater integration, and our system will switch over to that seamlessly.
Here's a short video showing you how to create a Personal PayPal donation link.